Secure Sockets Layer or SSL certificate is a digital license that provides extra security to the website. This certificate mainly authentic any website identity as well as enable the encrypted connection. It operates like a Secure Layer or a security protocol that provides an encrypted link between a server and a browser. So, are you looking for the best SSL plugins for WordPress?
If you install an SSL plugin to your WordPress website, it will ensure more security and protect visitors’ data. SSL protects internet connections by preventing hackers from accessing or altering data sent between two computers. Here in this article, we’ll go through in detail the 10 best SSL plugins WordPress. Learn the best SSL plugin for WordPress websites by reading this article.
Table of Contents
What is SSL, and why is it important?
Before browsing the best SSL plugins for WordPress, you should know what SSL is and why it is essential for any website. Security socket layer (SSL) is an abbreviation for secure layer technology, ensuring encrypted communication between the user and a website. In s simple words, an SSL certificate provides more security for the website and visitors’ data.
This cryptography makes sure data including usernames, passwords, as well as credit card details without the risk of hacking. An SSL plugin is a licensed software block on a website that connects this encryption. If a website requests critical information from users, it requires an SSL to secure it. A connection without an SSL certificate should not be authorized with confidential information.
10 best SSL plugins for WordPress
If you are looking for the best SSL plugins for WordPress, you should check this list of 10 best SSL Plugins for WordPress Websites.
Really Simple SSL is the best WordPress SSL plugin among other plugins. This tool is handy and very simple to abuse. This plugin automatically identifies your website settings as well as configures the website to use HTTPS for all of its operations. The free plan of these SSL plugins for WordPress can provide you with the tools you need to safeguard the website.
On the other hand, the Premium version allows you to support the creators directly. There are some extra features and functions that you could find handy, including some of them. In addition to its enhanced security preface and other features, it provides additional security.
Security headers of this best SSL plugin for WordPress apply additional security criteria to the website, providing an extra degree of protection. It is possible to activate the Really Simple SSL with a simple tap on the mouse. Before starting with this plugin, ensure to back up your all-important data.
As implied by the title, it is a lightweight and simple-to-use application. As a result, you’ll have much more time to devote to other activities such as website editing. Whether you are using the Free and Premium versions of the plugin, the support team is always eager to assist you.
Key feature of Really Simple SSL
- It provides security enhancement by allowing HTTP Strict Transport.
- The scanning feature of this SSL plugin allows scanning all the error
- It resolves the ‘mixed content’ warning in the majority of circumstances
- This SSL Plugin takes care of the most frequent SSL problems on WordPress
Really Simple SSL Pricing
- Free Plan: Free to Use
- Pro Plan: $29 to $169
- This plugin is easy and hassle-free installation
- Support team Offer Responsive customer support
- The Tool has a debug mode for more technical
- You could notice a slight difference in performance
WP Force SSL is the 2nd best SSL plugin for WordPress on our list. In its most basic form, this one is indeed an HTTP to HTTPS WP plugin that might be an excellent solution for novices. WP Force SSL is the best example of a lightweight SSL plugin that does exactly what it says on the tin. This Tool comes with a rudimentary feature that allows you to redirect the website from HTTP protocol to the HTTPS protocol.
It does not include any advanced capabilities available from other SSL plugins for WordPress. With only two options inside the tools, it won’t offer you too much to accomplish unless you count the process of obtaining and applying for the certificate.
This makes it an excellent alternative whether you aren’t a developer or are a total rookie with no prior knowledge of the subject matter. You may depend on it for checking your certificate once you’ve installed it, which is a great and helpful function, and it will immediately switch all traffic to the website to HTTPS.
Key Features of WP Force SSL
- This Tool lets you scan every page on the website for mixed content.
- The SSL monitor tool maintains track of over 50 errors at any moment.
- The centralized Dashboard of this Plugin makes it easy to control the plugin.
- WP Force SSL plugin works with all WordPress as well as plugins.
WP Force SSL Pricing
- Free Plan: Free to use
- Premium Plan: $59 to $119
- This SSL Plugin is easy to install and use
- It comes with both a free as well as a pro version
- Ideal way to ensure more security to your website
- It comes with limited features and functions
SSL Zen is another best and most popular SSL plugin for WordPress websites. These SSL plugins WordPress help to secure any WordPress website protect essential data. Currently, 50,000+ website Admin is using this plugin to ensure their website. It is best for people who are not supplied with a free SSL by their hosting provider and do not want to purchase one.
This fantastic utility provides users with a free SSL certificate from Let’s Encrypt as well as a plugin to manage it. This amazing plugin comes with both free and premium subscriptions. The pro edition includes various important automatic features, including domain ownership validation, premium support, and so on. Installing this SSL certificate on the WordPress website is not as straightforward as it seems. To install the accessible version of this plugin, you may upload a file to the cPanel.
If you subscribe pro version, it will be automatically installed on your website. This best SSL plugin for WordPress will redirect HTTP web traffic towards HTTPS website traffic when it has been installed. It would be beneficial if you completed specific settings and other tasks to enable HTTPS ultimately. This plugin assists you in doing it in a few easy steps.
Key Features of SSL Zen
- It is most popular SSL Plugin solution for any WordPress website.
- This plug comes with several compelling features and functions.
- SSL Zen plugin helps you to enable HTTPS in a few easy steps.
SSL Zen Pricing
- Free Plan: Free to use for 90 days
- Premium Plan: $29 to $49 per year
- It has both free and premium plans to install
- Pro edition comes with exclusive functions
- Pro plan is affordable than other SSL plugins for WordPress
- It is a bit challenging to install this SSL plugin
This is another best and the easiest to use SSL plugin for WordPress. It is a one-click SSL certificate that redirects your website from HTTP to HTTPS. You may automate the process by using this plugin. This plugin enables you to safeguard your customers if they checkout out on the website.
Depending on whatever version you pick, these SSL plugins for WordPress provide two distinct user experiences to their users. In the free edition, you have to complete a large number of tasks on your own. You’ll have to handle everything yourself with the free plan, including domain authentication, certificate installation, and renewals.
HTTPS is required by default, although this is done automatically. Additionally, the blended content scanner might help determine whether information on your website may give the impression that your website is not safe. The professional features remove a significant amount of the burden off your shoulders.
Using this plugin, you may create a secure website that directs users to HTTPS web traffic rather than plain old HTTP website traffic. Along with the ability to automate tasks that were previously done by hand, the pro edition includes Premium SSL support, multisite assistance, CDN access for yearly subscriptions, and an enormous number of blocking rules, among other features.
If you are looking for the most flexible SSL plugins for WordPress, Flexible SSL for Cloudflare is one of the best ways to go. Cloudflare is the world’s leading web security and performance platform, and it is working to make the Internet a better place. Cloudflare provides several advanced capabilities, even for free users, such as Cloudflare DNS DNSSEC, Cloudflare proxy, as well as Cloudflare SSL certificate.
Choosing Flexible as your encryption option only provides limited security for your site. It permits HTTPS connection between the visitor and Cloudflare. On the other hand, all connections involving Cloudflare and your origin are established through HTTP. Consequently, it is not must to use an SSL certificate on your origin.
This plugin forces WordPress to use HTTPS to create an HTTPS redirecting that automatically transforms HTTP to HTTPS and grants access to the website’s pages. The SSL encryption improves the security of your website. Your company will expand due to using SSL websites, and the site visitors will have greater faith in you.
The Easy HTTPS Redirection is one of the most popular SSL plugins for WordPress to convert visitors from a conventional URL to a secure URL. This plugin allows you to set up automated redirection to an HTTPS protocol version of a URL. It also enables you to have search engines index your HTTPS version of the website.
But it doesn’t stop there: the plugin also forces static assets like pictures, CSS, and JS to be loaded through the HTTPS protocol. It will even work if you manually insert a non-HTTP file somewhat on-page, as shown before. CSS, scripts, as well as image files, will all be automatically redirected to HTTPS as a result of this.
Installing an SSL certificate on the WordPress website will make it easier to utilize this plugin. Also, make sure that HTTPS is in excellent working order. Ensure that the web pages exclusively use HTTPS after deploying the SSL certificate. This will go away from ensuring that search engines recognize the HTTPS version of your website.
Key Features of Easy HTTPS Redirection
- All static files are embedded with an HTTPS URL.
- This plugin forces the loading of components, including pictures, CSS, JS.
- You may also select which URLs you want to redirect to your website.
- The entire domain may also be forced to load in HTTPS rather than non-HTTPS.
Easy HTTPS Redirection Pricing
- This plugin is free to use
- This Tool works perfectly with any WordPress site.
- The Tool is straightforward to install as well as use
- It fixed the image problem of mixed content
- This plugin needs some professional update
SSL Insecure Content Fixer is a fantastic plugin that removes content warnings from any WordPress site without causing any problems. With an inbuilt testing framework, it is capable of successfully detecting HTTPS. Remove any HTTPS unsafe content as well as mixed content warnings from your WordPress website. This SSL plugin will resolve the vast majority of insecure content discretion with little effort.
When you first run SSL Insecure Content Fixer, the program’s default settings are automatically enabled. When you choose the Simple repair level, it will automatically conduct some fundamental website improvements on your behalf. Depending on the needs of your website, you may choose from a variety of more complete repair levels. WordPress Multisite now has a page for configuring the network.
The plugin is available for free download and has over 300,000+ active downloads. Installing this SSL plugin is simple since it will conduct certain repairs automatically using the Simple fix level. You may use this SSL plugin for WordPress on a Multisite, where you can establish criteria for settings as needed as an administrator.
SSL Insecure Content Fixer pricing
- Automatically choose the most appropriate mixed content solution.
- This tool host network configurations are automatically configured.
- It can conduct some fundamental improvements automatically.
- This WordPress SSL Plugin is capable of successfully detecting HTTPS
SSL Insecure Content Fixer Pricing
- This plugin is free to use
- This SSL plugin is very flexible in terms of settings
- It comes with a lot of exclusive features and function
- This SSL plugin works with WordPress Multisite
- This plugin only fixes uncertain content
Cloudflare is one of the reputed web infrastructures as well as a website security platform. This company provides excellent service for DDoS mitigation and content delivery network. After a period of growth, this platform’s focus shifted to delivering web security solutions in 2009. Cloudflare offers one of the best SSL plugins for WordPress websites.
Cloudflare has several security measures that may help safeguard your website and visitors. The Integrity Threat module identifies IP addresses and filters harmful attacks for beginners. Cloudflare also allows you to ban IP addresses based on their range or country. This plugin helps to keep hazards that have previously been identified at bay.
With the touch of a button, Cloudflare makes it possible for any Internet site to become HTTPS-enabled. Cloudflare SSL eliminates the need for you to be concerned regarding SSL certificates renewing or remaining up to date on the newest SSL vulnerabilities since it manages everything for you.
Cloudflare protects against content scraping. So, you don’t have to be concerned about bots browsing the website as well as capturing email addresses from it. In addition to SSL encryption and HTTP/2, standard security features include security against DDoS assaults, SQL injections, comment spamming as well as cross-site scripting.
Key Features of Cloudflare
- Free Plan: Free to use
- Premium Plan: $20 per month
- Country-based IP Address ban function
- Security against DDOS and Spamming
- Easy to install as well as manage all settings
- This plugin is more expensive than other SSL Plugins for WordPress
Do you need a free to use an SSL certificate for your WordPress site? If that’s the case, you may automate the process using the Free SSL Certificate Plugin. It includes a free SSL certificate as well as the ability to impose HTTPS redirection on any site. The plugin will provide an SSL Certificate to any website immediately.
You may rest easy knowing that your essential data, such as login password as well as API secret, is secure in the Database. After setting this plugin, you’ll be able to create a secure website that redirects your visitors to HTTPS rather than HTTP. The padlock icon will then appear in the URL bar.
At any moment, you may revoke the SSL certificate as well as reverse your Let’s Encrypt account plugin is expensive t. OpenSSL extension, Curl extension, as well as Linux hosting, are all necessary for the SSL installation.
This plugin will install it and then renew it when the time arrives. After that, you can utilize the plugin to force SSL certification. That means that this best SSL plugin for WordPress takes care of everything.
Key Features of Free SSL Plugin for WordPress
- This plugin has several functions to identify and transform HTTP to HTTPS
- These SSL plugins for WordPress provides HTTPS on any WordPress website
- This Tool has a dashboard that shows the SSL status of the website.
- It also has URL filtering, auto-detects SSL status, and URL conversion.
Free SSL Plugin for WordPress Pricing
- It is free to use
- This SSL plugin for WordPress is free to use
- Free SSL Plugin for WordPress is easy to install
- Revoke and Reverse Encrypt accounts at any time
- This plugin doesn’t come with premium support
If you are looking for a simple, functional as well as fast SSL solution, JSM’s Force HTTP to HTTPS is the best way to go. This best SSL plugin for WordPress ensures all the HTTP URL redirects to HTTPS. The plugin is entirely free, and it now has over 10,000+ active installations on different WordPress websites.
It is effortless to set up since everything comes with this simple activation of this plugin. Neither plugin configurations nor WordPress configurations are altered due to this process. Selecting “Activate” or “Deactivate,” the plugin will enable or disable the filtering as well as dynamic redirects, respectively.
This plugin makes use of WordPress filters rather than PHP’s output stage in order to get the best possible speed and caching compatibility. As a result, you will never confront with a cache problem.
In addition, several plugins take advantage of PHP’s output buffer in order to search for and change URLs inside the website content. It is more error-prone as well as much slower to use PHP’s output filter than it is to use native Wp filters in conjunction with persistent 301 redirects.
Key Features of JSM’s Force HTTP to HTTPS
- A simple, secure, and dependable approach to dynamically force HTTP to HTTPS.
- There’s no need to configure anything; enable this SSL plugin to the site.
- This plugin takes advantage of built-in filters to ensure maximum performance.
JSM’s Force HTTP to HTTPS Pricing
- This plugin is free to use
- Simple and effective SSL plugins for WordPress
- It is effortless to install to any WordPress website
- It features a built-in filter for better performance
- Need some updates for this plugin
SSL Plugin is an essential plugin for any website to secure the web servers. This plugin ensures more security and protection for the website and site visitors’ data. There are a variety of WordPress SSL plugins accessible for download and installation. However, this list of the 10 best SSL plugins for WordPress will help you find the best SSL plugin for your website. Now it is time to grab your desired one!